About my guest
This was a really fun podcast, peppered with (dare I say it) a lot of naughty, sexy Vulcan talk (yes, I am a Trekkie)… and some rather embarrassing admissions on my part. Hmm.
Asides from our rather bizarre intro, I’m sure you’ll get a lot out of this week’s podcast…
Matt Wallaert is a behavioural psychologist and entrepreneur focused on building products and programs that create behaviour change to help people lead better, happier lives. He is currently at Bing, where he works to broaden how search helps people make decisions and take action, and he’s the head of their Bing for Schools initiative, which is just a few weeks old.
Matt helps companies understand the implications of new technologies and techniques, and guides them in the implementation of practical strategies to adapt to them.
During the podcast, you will learn
- Bing translates in Klingon – all because of my buddy Matt
- The importance of testing your theories about the world & how science allows you the chance to do that
- The renewed place of Academia in business and what it means for business
- Why you have to look beyond the data & analytics
- What you HAVE to do to get major clients again and again (this section is so good and contrary to what a lot of consultants believe about business)
- His motivation to start the phenomenal and groundbreaking GetRaised.com. GetRaised.com’s goal is to end the Gender wage gap. So far it has helped women earn millions.
- What led Matt to the goal of advising 1000 projects in his lifetime
- The best thing you can do for others when you have a very specialized skillset
- His #1 tip for how to lead a happy life
- The typical mistake people make around money, time, and passions (and what to do instead)
And much more!