About my guest
Bas is an award winning online marketing strategist, consultant trainer, keynote speaker and founder of State of Digital, a platform that helps people companies understand Digital Marketing better.
He is also responsible for Digital PR and Marketing at Linkdex and works on Momentology.
He was voted European Search Personality of the Year in 2015, and works with business schools and colleges in The Netherlands as well as agencies and brands such as KLM to help them determine the right online business strategy and connect them to the key people of influence.
During the podcast, you will learn
- How Bas’ grandmother taught him the first principles of marketing
- The biggest mistakes marketers make when researching their audience
- Why seeing our customers as data points (and not real people) is damaging business
- How different cultures communicate in fundamentally different ways
- The biggest problem with social media
- How psychographics are changing the face of search marketing
- The 4 types of audiences you should be designing for
- How a personalised, hyper-targeted approach won Obama his first campaign
- Why a research-based approach to business must be proactive and long-term
- Why relevance – what you want to say + what they’re interested in
And much more!
Resources mentioned on the show